If you are looking for the best way to keep track of your furry friend, thebest dog GPS tracker chip implant is a great option to consider. If you are a dog owner, you probably know the panic of losing your furry friend. Luckily, microchipping your dog can help ease your worries and increase the chances of a happy reunion. It contains vital information such as your dog’s ID number and your contact details.
While a microchip doesn’t offer real-time tracking like a GPS tracker, it serves as a permanent form of identification that can easily be scanned by a veterinarian or animal shelter. Plus, the process of implanting a microchip is relatively painless and quick, and it can last up to 25 years.
Microchipping your dog can help make the process of finding your lost pet simple, although it’s not as effective as a GPS tracker. Furthermore, these GPS-equipped microchips are becoming increasingly popular among dog owners.
If you are interested in a microchip with GPS capabilities, we have compiled a list of the top five best dog GPS tracker chip implants and their features to help you make an informed decision.
- 1 Top 5 Best Dog GPS Tracker Chip Implants For Dog Safety And Security
- 2 Buying Guide: How to Choose the Best Dog Chip Tracker?
- 3 How Does GPS Tracker Technology Work?
- 4 Dog Chip Tracker vs. GPS Tracker: What’s the Difference?
- 5 Common And Most Powerful Features Of Microchip Dog Trackers
- 6 Frequently Asked Questions
- 7 Closing Thoughts
Top 5 Best Dog GPS Tracker Chip Implants For Dog Safety And Security
Investing in a GPS tracker for your furry friend can give you peace of mind knowing their whereabouts at all times. Here are our top 5 picks for the best dog GPS tracker chip implants to keep your pet safe and secure.
1. Tractive GPS Tracker for Dogs
Looking for a reliable and waterproof GPS tracker for your furry friend? The Tractive GPS Tracker for Dogs might be just what you need. With a stylish midnight blue color, this GPS tracker is perfect for all life stages of your dog.
Real-Time Tracking and Location History
Keep an eye on your dog’s every move with the Tractive GPS Tracker. You can track your pet’s location in realtime using your smartphone. Plus, with the location history feature, you can see where your dog has been and what they have been up to.
Virtual Fence Feature
Set safe zones for your pet, such as your garden, and get an alert the moment your dog leaves the area. you will also receive a notification when your dog returns safely.
All-Day Activity Monitoring
Keep your pet in shape with the all-day activity monitoring feature. You can track your dog’s active time, rest, and calories burned. You can also set fitness goals to keep your pet healthy and happy.
Worldwide Location Tracking
Whether you are traveling to another country or moving to a new city, the Tractive GPS Tracker for Dogs can help you keep tabs on your furry friend.
Small, Lightweight, and Waterproof
The Tractive GPS Tracker for Dogs is small and lightweight, making it easy for your pet to wear.
- Real-time tracking
- Virtual fence feature
- All-day activity monitoring
- Worldwide location tracking
- Small, lightweight, and waterproof
- Requires a subscription plan to use all features
- Requires a smartphone for tracking
Moreover, the Tractive GPS Tracker for Dogs is an excellent choice for pet owners who want to keep their furry friends safe and healthy. With real-time tracking, a virtual fence feature, all-day activity monitoring, worldwide location tracking, and a waterproof design, this GPS tracker is a must-have for any dog owner.
2. SportDOG Brand TEK GPS Tracking
As a pet owner, it’s important to keep your dog safe and secure, and that’s where a GPS tracker can come in handy. One of the best options on the market is the SportDOG Brand TEK Series 1.5 GPS Tracking + E-Collar.
With this device, you can track and train your dog up to 7 miles away, using GPS satellites (not cell service) and HopTek technology to ensure superior range performance.
- Accurate tracking: The TEK Series 1.5 GPS Tracking + E-Collar uses GPS + Glonass technology for increased tracking accuracy
- Multi-dog tracking: The ability to track up to 12 dogs/devices at once makes this system ideal for hunting parties or households with multiple dogs
- Easy to use: The simple, text-based menu is intuitive and easy to navigate
- Waterproof and submersible: You won’t have to worry about the elements damaging your device
- Rechargeable: Say goodbye to the hassle and expense of replacing batteries
- Limited range: While the system can track up to 7 miles away, it may not be suitable for those who need to track their dogs over longer distances
- Price: The SportDOG Brand TEK Series 1.5 GPS Tracking + E-Collar is a bit pricier than some other dog GPS trackers on the market.
3. SmartTag ISO Microchip
Losing a pet can be a traumatic experience, but thanks to modern technology, finding them has become easier than ever. One such technology is the SmartTag ISO Microchip – a reliable and effective way to keep track of your pet’s whereabouts.
- Reliable and effective way to keep track of your pet’s whereabouts
- Alerts sent to all shelter and rescue organizations within a 50-mile radius, increasing the chances of finding your lost pet
- No annual fees, update or transfer fees, making it an affordable option for pet owners
- Comes with a metal ID tag and 10 labels, providing additional identification options for your pet
- Requires a universal scanner to read the microchip, which may not be available in all areas
- Only provides location information within a 50-mile radius, which may not be sufficient in some cases
- Implantation of the microchip may cause discomfort to your pet, although it is generally a quick and painless process
4. Garmin GPSMAP 64sx
If you are looking for a rugged, reliable, and high-performance GPS tracker for your dog, the Garmin GPSMAP 64sx is a top-of-the-line option that should be at the top of your list.
This GPS tracker is designed to be used in tough outdoor conditions and is equipped with features that make it perfect for hunting, camping, hiking, and other outdoor activities.
Features and Benefits:
Rugged and Water-Resistant Design:
The Garmin GPSMAP 64sx features a rugged and water-resistant design that can withstand tough outdoor conditions. Its button operation and 2.6″ sunlight-readable color display make it easy to use even in bright daylight.
This GPS tracker comes preloaded with TopoActive maps that include routable roads and trails for hiking and cycling in the US and Australia. The GPSMAP 64sx allows you to explore the terrain and know your surroundings, such as waterways and natural features.
The quad helix antenna and high-sensitivity receiver of the GPSMAP 64sx ensure that you can locate your dog’s position quickly and accurately. It supports multiple global navigation systems, including GPS, GLONASS, and Galileo, to maintain location even in challenging environments.
BirdsEye Satellite Imagery:
With a subscription to BirdsEye Satellite Imagery, you can integrate satellite images with your maps to get a more comprehensive view of the terrain.
16 Hours Battery Life:
The GPSMAP 64sx offers up to 16 hours of battery life in GPS mode, which makes it ideal for extended outdoor adventures.
- Rugged and water-resistant design
- BirdsEye Satellite Imagery support
- Preloaded with TopoActive maps
- Multiple global navigation system support
- Smart notifications
- High-sensitivity receiver with quad helix antenna
- Wireless sharing of waypoints, tracks, routes, and geocaches
- Pricey compared to other dog GPS trackers on the market
- Can be complicated to use for beginners
5. VENREA Universal Microchip
Being a responsible pet owner involves taking measures to guarantee the safety and security of your furry friend. Among these measures, one of the best ways to ensure the protection of your dog is by implanting a GPS tracker chip. This small device can make a significant difference in keeping your pet safe, especially if they ever get lost.
When it comes to choosing the best GPS tracker chip for your dog, the VENREA Universal dog Microchip stands out as an excellent option. This GPS tracker chip is equipped with advanced technology that ensures your dog’s safety and security at all times.Here’s why.
- Strict Production Standards Ensure Sterility and Safety of VENREA Universal Dog Microchip
The VENREA Universal dog Microchip is produced under strict standards, ensuring sterility and safety. The anti-drop device feature ensures that the built-in electronic tag stays secure before implantation.
- Versatile and Easy to Use: Widely Used VENREA Universal Dog Microchip
This microchip is suitable for small dogs, cats, and other small animals, making it a versatile option. The implantation process is simple, and it comes individually wrapped for easy handling.
- Easy to Inject and Harmless: VENREA Universal Dog Microchip Features
Its small size makes it easy to inject, and it is a glass tag that poses no harm to your pet.
- Strict production standards ensure sterility and safety
- Can be used for various small animals
- Easy to operate and implant
- Compatible with various scanners and pet auto feeders
- ICAR certified for reliability
- The microchip needs to be implanted by a trained professional
Buying Guide: How to Choose the Best Dog Chip Tracker?
If you are a pet owner, you probably know how important it is to keep your furry friend safe. One way to ensure their safety is by getting a dog chip tracker. In this guide, we will help you understand the basics of a microchip tracker and how to select the best one for your dog.
Understanding Microchip Tracker and GPS Tracker
Before we dive into the selection process, it’s essential to know the difference between a microchip tracker and a GPS tracker. A microchip tracker is powered by radio frequency and stores information about your pet, including the owner’s identity. On the other hand, a GPS tracker uses satellites to track your pet’s location and provides real-time updates.
Why Choose a Microchip Tracker for Your Dog?
While both trackers have their advantages, a microchip tracker is a more reliable option if you want to ensure your pet’s safety. It doesn’t require a battery, so there’s no need to charge it or replace the battery. Moreover, the microchip is implanted under your pet’s skin, making it difficult to remove or lose.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Dog Chip Tracker
Here are some factors to consider when selecting the best dog chip tracker:
- Size and Compatibility: Make sure the microchip tracker is compatible with your dog’s breed and size.
- Range: Check the range of the scanner and the distance it can cover.
- Durability: Choose a tracker that’s durable and can withstand your pet’s activity level.
- Accuracy: Look for a microchip tracker that provides accurate information about your pet’s location.
- Additional Features: Some microchip trackers come with additional features such as activity monitoring and temperature tracking.
Moreover, a dog chip tracker is an excellent investment for pet owners who want to keep their furry friends safe. By understanding the basics of a microchip tracker and considering the factors mentioned above, you can choose the best dog chip tracker for your pet. Always ensure that the implantation process is done by a professional veterinarian for your pet’s safety.
How Does GPS Tracker Technology Work?
Are you tired of constantly worrying about your pet’s whereabouts? GPS tracker technology is a game-changer for pet owners, providing real-time tracking and peace of mind. But how does it work?
Unlike microchipping, which is powered by radio frequency technology, GPS trackers use a global positioning system to pinpoint your pet’s location. The system consists of a network of satellites that communicate with the GPS device on your pet’s collar to determine its location.
Once your pet’s location is identified, the GPS tracker sends a notification to your email or phone, giving you instant results. Some trackers also allow you to set up a virtual fence, so you can monitor your pet’s movement and receive alerts if they wander outside the designated area.
But the benefits of GPS tracking don’t stop there. Some devices can also provide information on your pet’s physical activity and health, such as how many steps they take or how much they sleep.
Of course, no technology is perfect, and GPS tracking does have some limitations. If your pet is in an area with poor satellite coverage, such as deep woods or underground tunnels, it may be harder to locate them. However, in most cases, GPS tracking is a highly effective way to keep tabs on your furry friend.
Dog Chip Tracker vs. GPS Tracker: What’s the Difference?
Losing a pet can be a nightmare for any pet owner. Fortunately, technology has come up with solutions to help keep your furry friend safe. Two such devices that are gaining popularity are dog chip trackers and GPS trackers. Although both serve the same purpose of locating a lost pet, they function differently.
GPS Tracker: Live Location and Safe Zone Features
A GPS tracker relies on satellite technology to provide the live location of your dog. It comes with a safe zone feature that allows you to receive an instant message if your pet steps out of the safety zone. This feature is not available with a dog chip tracker.
While a GPS tracker is great for tracking your pet’s movements in realtime, it requires regular charging to function effectively. Moreover, if your dog is highly active, the device may get spoiled quickly.
Dog Chip Tracker: Durable and Always-On
On the other hand, a dog chip tracker, also known as a microchip, is a one-time implant that stays activated for more than 20 years. It does not require charging, making it more convenient for pet owners.
The chip is inserted under your pet’s skin and can’t get destroyed by water or rain. Therefore, your pet can play freely without worrying about device damage. However, to retrieve information about your pet and the owner, you need a scanner.
Which One to Choose?
Choosing between a dog chip tracker and a GPS tracker depends on your needs and preferences. If you want real-time tracking and the ability to create safe zones, a GPS tracker is a better option. However, if you are looking for a one-time implant that doesn’t require charging and can’t get damaged by water, a dog chip tracker is more suitable.
Common And Most Powerful Features Of Microchip Dog Trackers
As a pet owner, you always want to ensure that your furry friend is safe and secure. Losing a pet can be a traumatic experience for both the pet and the owner. However, with the advancements in technology, microchip pet trackers have become a popular solution for pet owners to keep track of their pets.
Features of Microchip Pet Trackers:
- Long-lasting nature: One of the good aspects of microchipping is its long-lasting nature. This chip can last more than twenty years, and you don’t have to pay fees monthly. Additionally, you don’t have to charge batteries as it doesn’t have one.
- Movement of chips: Microchips tend to move or between your pet’s shoulder blades, and it’s natural, so you don’t have to worry. Therefore, you will see instructions regarding scanning to emphasize your dog’s entire body.
- Requirement of a universal scanner: One of the downsides regarding microchipping is the unavailability of a universal scanner in most places, mainly rural areas. A scanner is an essential device if you have microchipped your dog. Through this device, one can retrieve information about your pet and help you get to reunite. Most shelters and veterinary offices own this scanner in urban areas. However, the chances are less in rural areas.
- Old microchips undetectable: Microchips, often old or inserted in a foreign country, go undetected even by a universal scanner. It also depends on the brand and the year you have implanted the chip in your pet. But with the advent of technology, you’d see new microchips compatible and applicable with a universal scanner.
Nature of Microchip Pet Trackers:
Microchip pet trackers are small electronic chips that are implanted under the pet’s skin, usually between the shoulder blades. These chips are about the size of a grain of rice and contain a unique identification number that can be read by a scanner. The information about the pet and the owner is stored in a database accessible to authorized personnel.
Microchip pet trackers are not GPS trackers, which use satellite signals to track the pet’s location. Instead, microchips provide permanent identification for the pet, which can be used to track the owner’s information in case the pet is lost or stolen.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is a dog GPS tracker chip implant?
Ans: A dog GPS tracker chip implant is a small electronic device that is implanted under a dog’s skin to provide real-time location tracking.
Q: How does a dog GPS tracker chip implant work?
Ans: A dog GPS tracker chip implant works by sending signals to satellites or cell towers to determine the dog’s location, which is then transmitted to the owner’s smartphone or computer.
Q: Are there any risks associated with implanting a GPS tracker chip in my dog?
Ans: Generally, the risks associated with implanting a GPS tracker chip in a dog are minimal. However, there is always a risk of infection or rejection of the chip.
Q: Can a GPS tracker chip be used to monitor my dog’s health?
Ans: No, a GPS tracker chip is only used for location tracking. However, there are other devices that can be used to monitor a dog’s health, such as activity monitors and heart rate monitors.
Investing in a dog GPS tracker chip implant is a wise decision for any pet owner who wants to ensure their furry friend’s safety and security. With our list of the top five best dog GPS trackers, you can choose the perfect one for your dog’s specific needs.
It offers peace of mind by providing real-time tracking and location updates, ensuring that you always know where your dog is.
Not only does it help prevent your pet from getting lost, but it also helps you quickly locate them if they do wander off. This can be particularly useful in situations where time is of the essence, such as if your dog has a medical condition or is in danger.
Moreover, dog GPS tracker chip implants are a convenient option for pet owners who don’t want to worry about the hassle of keeping track of a separate tracking device or collar. They are safe, reliable, and easy to use, making them a popular choice for pet owners around the world.
Overall, investing in a dog GPS tracker chip implant is an excellent way to ensure the safety and well-being of your furry companion. By choosing the best dog GPS tracker chip implant for your needs, you can enjoy the peace of mind that comes with knowing that your dog is always just a click away.